Friday, May 27, 2016

AN INTERCESSOR'S GIFT



"Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly." - Ephesians 3:2-3

Os Hillman shared this; "My wife and I had a very unusual courtship with many serendipitous moments that God used to confirm our relationship. When we were engaged to be married, she went to a wedding shower given by many of her friends in a town where she used to live. One of her friends was known for her intercessory prayer life.
When my wife arrived at the shower, her friend apologetically handed her a gift bag and said, "I have an unusual gift in there for your husband. I don't know why I felt led to buy it for him. My husband thinks I'm crazy for giving such a gift as a wedding present, but I was so impressed to buy this for him. Here it is."
My wife looked in the bag and pulled out a furry creature. When she saw what it was, she burst out laughing! It was a beanie baby named "Ostrich."
"How did you know?" exclaimed my wife.
"Know what?" asked her friend.
"My pet name for Os is 'Ostrich'!"
They both were amazed at God's sense of humor.
Sometimes we do not believe God can speak through others to encourage, and even humor us in miraculous ways. God wants to demonstrate His loving, and even light humor, in His relationship with us. Develop your intimacy with God and experience Him in the very intimate aspects of your life.

No comments: