Friday, July 11, 2014

CALLED TO THE MISSION FIELD


"To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:8
 Os Hillman wrote;"I'm called to the mission field," said the beautiful young woman. It was my first real encounter with the woman. As she spoke the words to me, I heard these words, "She's called to the mission field, but it's not what she thinks." I quietly kept this to myself until the following week when I felt compelled to share these words with her. She was taken back as I conveyed what I felt the Lord was saying to her. She questioned my motives, thinking I might simply be trying to gain her heart. Sometimes God speaks through others to move His purposes forward in an individual's life. He will speak through those willing to listen and speak. It is exciting to know God speaks to us and through us at times. Henry Blackaby, author of Experiencing God, believes God speaks by the Holy Spirit through the Bible, prayer, circumstances, and the Church (His Body) to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways. After three days passed, the woman called me on the telephone and said, "I have sold all that I have to go to the mission field but have not been accepted as yet. I believe what you said is true. I've had a history of thinking the Lord was doing one thing in my life only for it to end up as another." As the days progressed, God made it known these words were, in fact, true. She was called to the mission field of marriage and the workplace was with her husband, this writer.

No comments: