Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HEARING THE FATHER SPEAK

"My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me." - John 10:27

An Englishman tells a true story of his encounter with a Muslim man
while walking in the country. The Englishman wanted to share the gospel
with this man but knew little of Muslim beliefs. The two men talked as
they walked and agreed they would each share their beliefs with one
another. The Muslim went first and dominated the time of sharing. The
Englishman asked the Holy Spirit how to share his faith with the Muslim
man. "Do you consider your god your father who speaks?" asked the
Englishman.
"Certainly not," replied the Muslim man.
"That is one of the big differences between your god and my God.
I consider my God as my Father who speaks to me personally."
"You cannot prove that," stated the Muslim man.
The Englishman again prayed to himself, "Lord, how do I prove this to
this man?" A few moments later the two men began walking toward two
young ladies on the other side of the road coming toward them. As they
approached, the Englishman spoke to the ladies and made small
conversation. He then said to one woman, "I believe you are a nurse, is
that correct?"
The woman was startled that a man whom she had never met had just
informed her of her occupation. "How would you know that? I have never
met you before," she questioned.
He replied, "I asked my Father and He told me." The Muslim had his
proof.
Many of us do not hear God's voice because we do not believe He speaks
or desires to speak to us. In order to hear, we must listen. In order
to
listen, we must believe that He speaks. Ask the Lord today for a
listening ear so that others might know that you have a heavenly Father
who speaks.

No comments: