Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HUNGERING FOR GOD

"God looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are anywho understand, any who seek God. Psalms 53:2

"Are you coming to the conference?" I asked my friend."I really don't understand why I should come to this. How can I reallybenefit?" was his response. At that moment, I realized that I waswasting my time with this man on whom I had invested much throughout hisChristian walk. He was often like a roller coaster-up one minute, downthe next."You simply aren't hungry enough," I commented to my friend.Whenever someone must always rationalize and examine whether the thingsof God are beneficial to them, you know that they are not hungry enoughfor God. I recall one time when I was in a difficult place. I receivedan audiotape from a man who gave me some insights into my problem. I washungry enough to book a flight to a city 500 miles away just to meet himand find out more. My finances were at a very low point, so it took somereal faith to do this. That meeting turned out to be a divineappointment and became a turning point in my life.God is looking for men and women who hunger to know Him. When we believethat we know all we need to know, we are in a dangerous place. God hasplaced men and women in the Body of Christ who have had differentexperiences and gifts that can be helpful in our own spiritualpilgrimages. It requires humility of heart to realize that we can learnfrom others. We can easily rationalize our business pressures and timecommitments to discount such opportunities.

No comments: